UPDATE!!!!! UPDATE!!!!! PIN Code Expired Problems after December 31st, 2008

If you attended a TechNet event last year and received a Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 Promotional Kit, the PIN included in that kit EXPIRED as of December 31st, 2008

If you registered BEFORE the December 31st, 2008 expiration date, and ONLY BEFORE the expiration date,  AND have not received an email with your product ID please check your Junk Mail folder.

If the email is not in your Junk Mail folder then go to http://www.registerwindowsvistasp1.com/ and contact the customer support team.

You will be unable to register the PIN AFTER December 31st, 2008.

Thanks for the update. As you mentioned, many people didn’t register in time, like myself, because NO EXPIRATION was mentioned on the kit. Is there a way you can help us to extend the registration period (maybe two more months)?

I’ve had many of you responding with comments about extending the expiration period.  All I can tell you is if you registered before Dec 31st, and didnt receive a product ID go to the website and let support know and they can have it resent to you.  Unfortunately the expiration period is not going to be extended.

John, please help to check if the registration for is promotion could be extended for 1 month or even 1-2 weeks.  Thanks!

Hi John,

But I have tried to register it well before 12/31/2008, and got the expiration message. Is there anything you could do to help me?

Thanks.

Ben

5. Mike says:

I have to agree with Jimmy.

If I had known about the expiration date, I would have registered sooner (I thought the product code was in the DVD case).

How about 1-2 mos of handling this on an exception basis???

Thanks,

Mike

mdurnwald at brightree.com

6. Tim Wilson says:

I would like to know as well.  Nothing was mentioned about an expiration.