The latest version of the Microsoft Security Intelligence Report is now publicly available, with some important information if you're interested in an in-depth perspective on the changing threat landscape including software vulnerability disclosures and exploits, malicious software (malware), and potentially unwanted software.
What's in the Report?
The Microsoft Security Intelligence Report volume 5, is approximately 145 pages, is available in XPS and PDF format, and includes data and analysis on:
- NEW - The threat ecosystem, narrative section
- Security vulnerability disclosures, industry-wide and Microsoft specific
- Vulnerability exploits, Microsoft specific
- NEW - Browser-based exploits, Microsoft and third-party
- Security and privacy breach reports
- Malicious and potentially unwanted software trends
- Focus on malware and signed code
- NEW – specific malware and potentially unwanted software data for 15 locations worldwide (United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, China, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Norway, Russia, South Africa, and the Gulf Cooperation Council)
If security is you responsibility then this information is vital.