Here is a Management Pack that I wrote for a customer a while back. The requirement was to take the alerting for CPU Utilization and Available Memory from the Windows Server Management Pack and add the top 5 processes consuming CPU/Memory to the Alert Description.
The MP that I wrote for this is attached
- The MP contains replicas of the “Available Megabytes of Memory” and “Total CPU Utilization Percentage” Monitors from the Windows Server MPs
- The only change is a modification to the VBScript to get the Top 5 processes and include them in the Property Bag and Alert.
- The memory monitor will show the top 5 instances of Process\Private Bytes
- The CPU monitor will show the top 5 instances of Process\% Processor Time
- The MP has separate Monitors for Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012
Screenshots of the alerts are below: