Annoyance of the past few weeks for me has been Internet Explorer 6 has been temporarily freezing (something like 3 seconds) while opening pages. After enough being enough, I set about yesterday trying to find the cause. It turned out to be an add-on - when I went through Tools/Manage Add-Ons there were quite a few likely third-part suspects, so I turned each off in turn (Shockwave, Adobe etc), until I was left with just two, both relating to MSN Desktop Search. I figured it couldn't possibly be those, but it turned out it was. Once discovered, a simple case of un-installing, rebooting and re-installing and it's back to normal again. Curious - must forward that one to the product group.