Last week, I finished my last Virtualization IT Camp for 2013 in Los Angeles. Special thanks to Jessica DeVita, an LA local and Microsoft MVP who spent the day helping out as a lab proctor. The day wouldn’t
have be as smooth without her!
Here is a recap of some of the links and resources I’ve mentioned during my presentations:
- The VMware vs. Microsoft Blog Series – the entire series covers many of the differences between the products and goes deeper on some features than we were able to cover at the one day event. Of particular interest is the “Shopping for Private Clouds” post.
- The Comparison Whitepaper – A pretty comprehensive feature comparison, good place to start your research.
- Microsoft Virtual Academy – there are at least 4 new sessions specifically around System Center.
- Build It Yourself – If you want to do a similar setup of the HOL environment at your desk or in you lab you can download Hyper-V Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2 or the full version of Windows Server 2012 R2 using the links in the right side navigation bar. —>> For tips on getting started, visit this post. (The contest is over, but the instructions can still get you
- If you want some additional instructions for building labs in-house, please visit Tommy Patterson’s Blog, where he provides lots of step-by-step guides. Tommy is one of my IT Pro Evangelist colleagues on the East Coast.
If you missed the opportunity to attend one of these camps in your area or you think someone else from your company might benefit from some of the content, please check out the Virtualization
Camp Online that was held on Wednesday, December 11th. The recorded session and chat transcripts will be posted.
For future virtualization related events coming in 2014, be sure to visit TechNet Events.