We have a bunch of new Solution Accelerators available for download. Most of them are focusing on Windows Server 2012 and the Windows 8 Release Preview. Check out the details below.
Get Ready for Windows Server 2012 with MAP 7.0
Get ready for Windows Server 2012 with the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit 7.0. The latest version of the MAP Toolkit adds several new planning scenarios that help you build for the future with agility and focus while lowering the cost of delivering IT. Download MAP 7.0 and begin planning your server deployments today!
New capabilities allow you to:
- Understand your readiness to deploy Windows Server 2012 in your environment
- Determine Windows 8 readiness
- Investigate how Windows Server and System Center can manage your heterogeneous environment through VMware migration and Linux server virtualization assessments
- Size your desktop virtualization needs for both Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and session-based virtualization using Remote Desktop Services
- Ready your information platform for the cloud with the SQL Server 2012 discovery and migration assessment
- Evaluate your licensing needs with usage tracking for Lync 2010, active users and devices, SQL Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012
Assess Windows Server 2012 readiness
MAP 7.0 assesses the readiness of your IT infrastructure for a Windows Server 2012 deployment. This feature includes detailed and actionable recommendations indicating the machines that meet Windows Server 2012 system requirements and which may require hardware updates. A comprehensive inventory of servers, operating systems, workloads, devices, and server roles is included to help in your planning efforts.
Determine Windows 8 desktop readiness
MAP 7.0 assesses the readiness of your IT environment for your Windows 8 desktop deployment. This feature evaluates your existing hardware against the recommended system requirements for Windows. It provides recommendations detailing which machines meet the requirements and which machines may require hardware upgrades.
Key benefits include:
- Assessment report and summary proposal to help you to understand the scope and benefits of a Windows desktop deployment.
- Inventory of desktop computers, deployed operating systems, and applications.
MAP 7.0 extends its server virtualization scenario to include Linux operating systems. Now, MAP enables you to gather performance data for Linux-based physical and virtual machines and use that information to perform virtualization and private cloud planning analysis for both Windows and Linux-based machines within both the Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track scenario, as well as the traditional Server Virtualization and Consolidation scenario.
Key features allow you to:
- Incorporate non-Windows machines into your virtualization planning.
- View consolidation guidance and validated configurations with preconfigured Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track infrastructures, including computing power, network, and storage architectures.
- Get a quick analysis of server consolidation on Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track infrastructures to help accelerate your planning of physical to virtual (P2V) migration to Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track.
- Review recommended guidance and next steps using Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 Update 1 Beta 1
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 Update 1 Beta 1 is now available for download! This release expands your deployment capabilities with support for the latest software releases, including Windows 8 Release Preview, Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate, and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 Community Technology Preview.
Security Compliance Manager 2.5
Microsoft Security Compliance Manager 2.5 (SCM 2.5) is now available for download! Easily configure the latest Microsoft Office applications with industry leading knowledge and fully supported tools. SCM 2.5 provides ready-to-deploy policies and DCM configuration packs that are tested and fully supported. SCM product baselines are based on Microsoft Security Guide recommendations and industry best practices, allowing you to manage configuration drift, address compliance requirements, and reduce security threats.
Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter Release Candidate
The Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter (MVMC) Release Candidate is now available! This release allows you to convert and deploy virtual machines from VMware hosts to Hyper-V hosts running Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate and Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 Release Candidate. The MVMC Release Candidate also adds virtual network interface cards (NICs) to the converted virtual machine on Hyper-V and configures the dynamic memory on the converted virtual machine.
Data Classification Toolkit for Windows Server 2012 RC
The Data Classification Toolkit for Windows Server 8 Beta offers support for central policy definitions and forward compatibility for existing functionality. The Data Classification Toolkit offers Microsoft tested tools (Cross forest export/import, Classifiers, and Access Denied Remediation). The latest version of the toolkit allows you to apply your access policy across multiple servers and control User and Device Claims Provisioning and simplifies configuration of Windows 8 Dynamic Access Policies. In addition, you can easily track and report on existing central access policies on shares. The toolkit’s improved user interface, including a wizard for Windows 8 Central Access Policies scenarios (configure, export, import, and monitor) adds to an enhanced user experience. The user interface also offers a wizard for building a central access rules and scenarios.