If you are deploying Windows 7 or thinking about it make sure you check out the details below about the new version of the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012!
Released on April 17th, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 offers tools that help you personalize and enhance your deployment experience, regardless of installation strategy: Lite-Touch, Zero-Touch, or High-Touch/User-Driven.
Offering the same simple upgrade process as previous versions of the toolkit, MDT 2012 allows you to deploy Windows 7, Office 2010, and Windows Server 2008 R2 in addition to next-generation products like Windows 8 Consumer Preview and Windows Server "8" Beta. MDT 2012 also includes features that help you personalize and enhance your deployment experience such as support for System Center Configuration Manager 2012 Configuration Manager and the ability to migrate MDT 2012 task sequences from Configuration Manager 2007 to Configuration Manager 2012.
There are many more improvements in MDT 2012 that will enhance your overall experience, such as:
- New monitoring capabilities that enable you to check on the status of currently running deployments.
- An improved deployment wizard for LTI.
- Integration with Microsoft Security Compliance Manager (SCM) to ensure a secure Windows deployment from the start
- Integration of the Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolkit (DaRT) into Lite-Touch Installation (LTI) to provide remote control and diagnostics
- Support for Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) WIM and enhanced partitioning support to ensure that deployments work regardless of the current structure.
- Support for virtual hard disk (VHD), Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI), Windows Thin PC, and Windows Embedded POSReady 7 deployments.
If you are looking to manage large-scale deployments of Microsoft Office and Windows 7, MDT is the recommended process and toolset—and, best of all, it's free! Download MDT 2012 today and visit the MDT Team Blog for the latest updates.