I just wanted to let you know that the MAP 6.0 Beta is now available for download via the Connect website. If you are looking at Microsoft’s Private or Public Cloud solutions then this tool can help.
MAP 6.0 Beta: Accelerate the adoption of Microsoft private and public cloud platforms
Planning your journey to the cloud just got a bit easier. The next release of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit—version 6.0 Beta—includes assessment capabilities to evaluate workloads for both public and private cloud platforms. With MAP 6.0 Beta, you now have the ability to identify workloads and estimate the infrastructure size and resources needed for both Windows Azure and Hyper-V Fast Track. Also new to MAP 6.0 Beta is the Office 365 client assessment, enhanced VMware inventory, and Oracle schema discovery and reporting. Expanded assessment and discovery capabilities from MAP help you streamline planning for your next migration project. Plan what’s next with MAP.
New features and benefits from MAP 6.0 Beta release help you:
- Analyse your portfolio of applications for a move to the Windows Azure Platform
- Accelerate planning to private cloud with Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track on boarding
- Identify migration opportunities with enhanced heterogeneous server environment inventory
- Assess your client environment for Office 365 readiness
- Determine readiness for migration to Windows Internet Explorer 9
- Discover Oracle database schemas for migration to SQL Server