As many of you know I'm looking after content end-to-end this year for Tech·ed Australia 2011 and we have reached the first of many milestones that we have in planning such an event. Today we would like to announce the availability of the Call for Topics tool for those of you wishing to submit sessions to this years conference. In my opinion content is king and we rely on the technical knowledge and creativity of our speakers to make a great event!
So with that please submit your sessions to: http://teau11.eventpoint.com/cft
This year we have a similar breakdown of content tracks to submit your sessions against which are below.
Cloud Computing and Online Services
Database and Business Intelligence
Developer Tools, Languages and Frameworks
Middleware and Integration*
Office and SharePoint
Security Identity and Management
Exchange and Lync
Voice of the Customer
*Indicates a Virtual Track
The Call for Topics tool will be open until May 25th 2011 so get your thinking caps on and start submitting sessions. There are some tips for successful submissions which include:
- A good session title – this must engage attendees and must match what is going to be delivered. Make sure the title entices people to want to attend the session!
- Technical readiness – remember Tech·ed is about technical content; not marketing content!
- Session objectives – what do you want the attendees to gain from your session and what do you want them.
- Abstracts – limited to 300 words so need to clearly describe what the session is about. Remember sessions are 75 minutes long.
- Tech·ed overall theme – This year’s theme is heavily focusing on Private Cloud and how it can help customers run their business's more efficiently so think about that when you submit sessions.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing some great submissions!