For those of you that can’t get to the Microsoft Management Summit next week in Las Vegas; we have the next best thing for you. Starting the week after MMS the Microsoft Learning team will be hosting an exclusive 3-day Jump Start Class specifically designed for VMware and Microsoft Virtualization professionals. The good thing about this is its completely free and open to anyone to attend! Details of the event are below. For those of you that attended the recent Dynamic Datacentre Workshops that we ran around Australia might notice that the content seems to be similar. I’m checking with the guys in the US to see if we can leverage this for future workshops. Until then make sure you register for this free event!
Date: March 29-31 from 10:00am-4:00PM PDT
Registration: Click here to Register
What’s the high-level overview?
- This course will feature expert instruction and real-world demonstrations of Hyper-V and brand new releases from the System Centre family of products! Register Now!
- Day 1 will focus on “Platform” (Hyper-V, virtualization architecture, high availability & clustering)
- 10:00am – 10:30pm PDT: Virtualization 360 Overview
- 10:30am – 12:00pm: Microsoft Hyper-V Deployment Options & Architecture
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm: Differentiating Microsoft and VMware (terminology, etc.)
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm: High Availability & Clustering
- Day 2 will focus on “Management” (System Center Suite, SCVMM 2012 Beta, Opalis, Private Cloud solutions)
- 10:00am – 11:00pm PDT: System Center Suite Overview w/ focus on DPM
- 11:00am – 12:00pm: Virtual Machine Manager 2012 | Part 1
- 1:00pm – 1:30pm: Virtual Machine Manager 2012 | Part 2
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm: Automation with System Center Opalis & PowerShell
- 2:30pm – 4:00pm: Private Cloud Solutions, Architecture & VMM SSP 2.0
- Day 3 will focus on “VDI” (VDI Infrastructure/architecture, v-Alliance, application delivery via VDI)
- 10:00am – 11:00pm PDT: Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Architecture | Part 1
- 11:00am – 12:00pm: Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Architecture | Part 2
- 1:00pm – 2:30pm: v-Alliance Solution Overview
- 2:30pm – 4:00pm: Application Delivery for VDI
What is a “Jump Start” course?
A “Jump Start” course is “team-taught” by two expert instructors in an engaging radio talk show style format. The idea is to deliver readiness training on strategic and emerging technologies that drive awareness at scale before Microsoft Learning develops mainstream Microsoft Official Courses (MOC) that map to certifications. All sessions are professionally recorded and distributed through MS Showcase, Channel 9, Zune Marketplace and iTunes.