Due to my ridiculous travelling of late I neglected to update you with the excellent issues of TechNet magazine online. So I thought I would give you a bit of a summary of he July and August 2010 issues so you have them all in the one location. So check out the details below and make sure you have a read because there is always some great nuggets in the TechNet magazine; you just need to take the time to read it!
- Green IT: Going Green – Does your Company Care? – Don Jones gives you a quick overview of what this means and just by trying to save money you are in fact going green anyway.
- Green IT: Is Greener Always Better – Going green for IT requires a clear set of goals and execution. So check this article out for more details.
- Active Directory – The UnicodePwd Mystery of AD LDS – Check this article out to learn how AD LDS converts and authenticates passwords.
- Software Licensing: Track Software Usage with the MAP Toolkit 5.0 – I’m a big fan of the MAP Toolkit and one of the great things it can help you with is tracking your software licenses. Read more about how this can help you in this article.
- Windows PowerShell – Responding to WMI Events – Since Windows Vista Windows has greatly improved it’s eventing engine. Check out this article on how track system level events using Windows PowerShell.
As always there is a heap of good information to be had in TechNet Magazine so make sure you take some time to read the articles that interest you..