The Microsoft IT Showcase team has released a really great article about how we achieve high availability on Microsoft.com. It’s a great example of how we use technology, carefully planned infrastructure and change management to achieve high availability ratings. And the article has one of the best architecture diagrams I’ve seen in awhile!
Maintaining High Availability for Microsoft.com
Microsoft.com is a large and heavily visited site, yet it maintains high availability ratings because of a carefully planned infrastructure, team collaboration, and use of technology for maintenance, monitoring, and change management.
Article | TDM Webcast
Products & Technologies
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
- Internet Information Services 7.5
- Web Capacity Analysis Tool
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager R2
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007