Now that Tech.Ed Australia is over it’s time to start to think about Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 deployment. MDT 2010 is now available for download and is a critical tool for Lite Touch deployments of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. We used this tool extensively during the Netbook Image build for Tech.Ed Australia and found it an invaluable tool to help with this process. MDT is the recommended process and toolset to automate desktop and server deployments. It gives you a bunch of benefits including the following:
- Unified tools and processes for desktop and server deployments in a common console with plenty of useful guidance to get you there.
- Reduced deployment time and standardized desktop and server images
- Fully automated Zero Touch deployments when leveraged with SCCM 2007 SP2
New Features in MDT 2010
- Flexible Driver Management
- Optimised User Interface Workflow
- Windows PowerShellä support
- Access of deployment shares from anywhere on the network and replication of files and settings across organizational boundaries or sites.
- Much improved UI for managing drivers, operating systems, applications, packages and task sequences.