TechNet User Group Tour – Windows 7 Cometh!

During February and March I’m going to be going around Australia talking about all the goodness in WS08-R2_h_rgb
Windows Server 2008 R2 and the Windows 7 Client to the User Group community.  There has been a lot of buzz around Windows 7 in particular and I know a lot of IT Pro’s are very interested in what the R2 version of Windows Server 2008 has to offer.  So I’m going to do 2 sessions at each user group meeting; one on the server w7-beta_rgband one on the client.  Below is a quick summary:

Title:  Windows Server 2008 R2 – Technical Overview

Abstract:  In this session we’ll provide a technical update on the Windows Server 2008 R2 beta.  Technologies covered include Virtualization and in particular Hyper-V with Live Migration; new management features such as PowerShell 2.0; new Web workload features and how R2 is a solid foundation for your enterprise with new features such as DirectAccess and BranchCache.  There will be several demo’s in this session to give you a hands-on look at some of these new and exciting features.

Title:  Windows 7 – An Update for IT Pro’s

Abstract:  The Windows 7 beta is here and everyone’s talking about it.  In this session we’ll discuss what Windows 7 means for the IT Pro and enterprises and mid-market customers in general.  Technologies covered include DirectAccess, BranchCache, Federated Search, Bitlocker to Go and the ways in which Windows 7 streamlines PC management.  Demo’s include DirectAccess, BranchCache, Bitlocker to Go, User Account Control changes and many of the management changes.

Of course these abstracts are just a guideline as I always know that User Group sessions can go in any direction.  So I’ve been working with all the User Group leads to lock in dates.  Below is what I have so far.  I will update this as soon as other dates get locked in.

City User Group Date and Time Location User Group Website – Registration
Adelaide Adelaide SBS and Adelaide SharePoint Combining for the March meeting Monday March 30th
6:00PM – 9:00PM

Microsoft Adelaide
Level 2, Westpac House,
King William Street,
Adelaide, SA 5000

Brisbane Brisbane Infrastructure Group
Brisbane SharePoint Group
Tuesday February 10th 2009 5:30PM – 8:00PM Microsoft Brisbane 1 Eagle Street Brisbane

Brisbane Brisbane Security Group Wednesday February 11th 5:30PM – 7:00PM Microsoft Brisbane 1 Eagle Street Brisbane Email Wade Alcorn @ for more details.
Brisbane Brisbane SMB IT Tuesday March 3rd 5:00PM – 8:00PM Microsoft Brisbane 1 Eagle Street Brisbane
Canberra Canberra Security Interchange Wednesday March 4th 5:30PM – 7:00PM Microsoft Canberra
Level 2 44 Sydney Avenue Barton ACT 2600
Melbourne Melbourne SMB IT Wednesday February 25th 6:00PM – 9:30PM Melbourne PC User Group
Level 2 Chadstone Place Chadstone Shopping Centre
Melbourne Melbourne Security Interchange Thursday February 26th 5:30PM – 7:30PM Microsoft Melbourne
Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place,
Southbank, VIC
Perth Perth Infrastructure
Perth SMB IT
Combined Meeting
Thursday March 19th 5:00PM – 8:30PM Microsoft Perth
Level 14, 250 St George’s Terrace

Sydney Sydney Windows Infrastructure TBD Microsoft Sydney
1 Epping Road
North Ryde NSW 2113
Sydney SMB IT Pro’s Sydney Tuesday March 10th 6:00PM – 8:30PM Microsoft Sydney
1 Epping Road North Ryde NSW 2113

If you can’t make it to one of the user group meetings above we will be holding separate TechNet Live events for each topic during February and March.  I will post those details in a separate post.

If you want more contact details of each user group check out the TechNet Australia User Group site powered by Microsoft Virtual Earth.

So that’s about it.  I hope to be able to catch up with many of you as I travel around and look forward to showing you some of the real cool stuff in both Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7!  See you there!

Technorati Tags: ,,,

1. Robert Hudson says:

It would be good to see the information from the following like either confirmed or debunked (please tell me the latter!) at these events!

As you might have read in my previous post I’m travelling around the country talking about Windows Server