We'll I'm finally getting some time to do some blogcasts and I've decided to do a series of blogcasts focusing on Windows Server 2003 R2 release. Last November I ran a series of TechNet sessions on R2 and I thought it would be good to share the demo's of those sessions in blogcast format. Since R2 is now released what better time to do some blogcasts!
I intend to run this in 5 parts and cover off some of the major new features in this release. Here is how they should pan out:
- Upgrading to R2 from Windows Server 2003 SP1 - In this blogcast I plan to cover some of things you need to consder when performing an upgrade to R2. I'll also show a bit of what the server looks like before the upgrade and post installation.
- Installation of R2 Components - In this blogcast I plan to show you how you go about installing the different components of R2.
- Simplified Branch Office Management - In this session I will take you through some of the added features in R2 around managing branch offices. This will include new technologies such as DFS-R and Remote Differential Compression (RDC).
- Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS) - In this session I will take you through setting up a federated trust between two fictictious organisations.
- Efficient Storage Management - In this session I will take you through some of new technologies in R2 that focus on managing storage more efficiently. This will include the File Server Resource Manager and Storage Manger for SANS.
I hope to have these up some time next week so keep waching my blog for the update!