We have just launched a Newsgroup for Windows Server 2003 SP1. This is a great place to share experiences on the RC1 release of SP1.
Microsoft newsgroups are great places to exchange ideas with others and discuss common issues. This newsgroup is designed for users to share advice, ask and answer questions, and discuss their experiences regarding Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 Release Candidate.
This newsgroup is open to anyone who wishes to join the conversation. As a “private” newsgroup, it has a more narrow focus than the “public” newsgroups on the Windows Server Community site, but is still free and requires no additional registration. There are two ways to access this newsgroup:
Using an NNTP newsgroup reader
You can read and write messages using an NNTP-based newsreader such as Microsoft Outlook Express. You will need the following account information to access this newsgroup:
Server name: privatenews.microsoft.com
Account Name: privatenews\win2k3sp1
Step by step configuration in outlook express:
- Open Outlook Express
- Go to Tools > Accounts
- Click the Add button and click News
- Provide a display name and click next.
- Provide an email address and click next.
- For NNTP server name, use privatenews.microsoft.com
- Check the box marked “My news server requires me to log on” and click Next.
- Enter the account name: privatenews\win2k3sp1
- Enter the account password: sp1
- Click Finish.
Now playing: Fatboy Slim, Macy Gray - Demons