I just ran across a post by Mark Minasi where he pontificates on the lack of innovation in Office 2010. Reading Mark’s blog gave me the extra encouragement I needed to post a list of TechEd 2010 sessions that address this topic. And speaking of TechEd 2010… I just learned that all post-event sessions are freely available on www.msteched.com. This is great news since previously you needed to be a paying attendee to access post-event session recordings.
Now… back to the topic at hand: Why Upgrade to Office 2010? Hopefully the TechEd 2010 sessions below will give you (and Mark Minasi) some answers.
IT Pro Sessions
- Microsoft Office 2010: Under the Hood Investments for Hardware and Performance
- Microsoft Access 2010 and IT: The War Is Over
- Advances in Microsoft Office Client Security: Keeping Enterprise Data Safe
- Microsoft Visio 2010: The IT Pro Love Story Continues
- Microsoft Office 2010: Developing the Next Wave of Productivity Solutions
- Developing Office Business Applications with Microsoft Office 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Outlook Social Connector: Deployment and Development Overview
There’s plenty more evidence available to address the “why upgrade?” question. As always, if you want to discuss this or any other topic in more detail please drop me a line. My e-mail alias is jcent. Thanks --Jeff