Now that Updates Publisher 2011 has released, you may ask yourself what do I need to do to install and configure. Here is a high level to do list to help you get started.
- Download Updates Publisher 2011 from here. Note that Updates Publisher 2011 supports both ConfigMgr 2007 and ConfigMgr 2012 Beta2.
- Download the required WSUS 3.0 SP2 hotfix here.
- Install the WSUS 3.0 SP2 hotfix on all WSUS servers in your ConfigMgr hierarchy as well as your SCUP console computer
- Install Updates Publisher 2011. Updates Publisher 2011 does not upgrade from SCUP 4.5, but you can run them side-by-side.
- Also note that SCUP requires administrator rights to install and will not prompt to elevate privileges. The best way is to launch a command (cmd) prompt with “Run as Administrator” option then run the SystemCenterUpdatesPublisher.msi
- Migrate all of your updates by exporting all of your updates from SCUP 4.5 and importing them into Updates Publisher 2011.
- Open options dialog (upper right hand corner in blue) and enable checkbox for “Enable publishing to an update server”
- Provide the same WSUS server you used with SCUP 4.5.
- The certificate used with SCUP 4.5 is still valid and if you install Updates Publisher 2011 on the same machine as SCUP 4.5 then you are done.
- If SCUP 4.5 is installed on a different machine as Updates Publisher 2011 then you will need to add the signing certificate trust to the new machine as well.
- Now everything is pretty much setup as before.
- (Optional) Uninstall SCUP 4.5 after you are conformable with Updates Publisher 2011 and have all your updates migrated.
I hope this get everybody started, look for screencasts coming soon covering the entire product.