Screencast: SCUP – Publishing an Update

Here is a new screencast covering SCUP.  Today’s topic is “SCUP – Publishing an Update”.  Don’t forget you can maximize the screen size to get a better view of the demo. Also here is a link to details steps on publishing an update.  Enjoy!

To view this screencast in other formats visit: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/scup-publishing-an-update.aspx

Hello tpovlick,

Locally published content into WSUS is not visible in the WSUS console.  You must sync the updates to either ConfigMgr or System Center Essentials.  Once the update is synchronized into ConfigMgr it can be scanned and deployed the same way as any other software update.

The latest Screencast from Jason Lewis is now available – System Center Updates Publisher – Publishing

Hey Jason, I currently have a ticket open with MS but it is dragging out in to a very long support issue. I have this whole process down. I created the certs and published them to all domain servers using GPO, I have done the same for the "allow publishers" entry. I am only managing servers in a data center and therefore felt a global GPO was easier to manage.

I am downloading IBM, Dell, and Adobe Flash Updates in SCUP (located on the same server as SCCM). I publish them to WSUS (seperate server). Run Synchronization on Update Repository in SCCM. Lastly, I create my package, deploy it, and receive it on the servers I am managing.

Everything install perfectly if the update is provided by IBM, MS, or Adobe. All Dell Updates fail. All of them.

Any ideas?

If so then you really need to check out the series of screencasts put together by Jason Lewis from our

Sorry for a novice question, I’ve been at this technology for 2 days now.

SCUP and WSUS are my server, SCUP publishes to WSUS successfully but I don’t see my custom update in WSUS. Must I have ConfigMgr installed? Do clients need a component also or can they download updates via our WSUServer directly?

Thanks,

Tom

7. Maxim Krasovskyy says:

I have 2 ConfigMgr sites and 2 wsus servers. But all updates i manage from central server. Must i publish update to child site wsus server?.