I have been working with 2008 Forests and customers moving towards this environment quite alot recently. Therefore I would like to bring your attention to a newly completed and updated guide which is now available for download;
The Read-Only Domain Controller (RODC) Branch Office Guide is now live on TechNet and the Download Center!
· Download Center: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=153714
The guide covers the major considerations around deploying RODC’s in Branch Office scenarios. Specifically, the topics include:
· Branch Office Environment Characteristics
· Deciding Which Type of Domain Controller Meets the Needs of a Branch Office Location
· Updates to Windows Server 2003 Branch Office Guide Recommendations
· Planning/Deploying/Administering RODCs in Branch Offices
· Monitoring Your Branch Office Environment
I recommend this as your next Bed time Reading if you are looking to utilise RODC in your Enterprise environment.