I was asked by a Customer recently does 2008 support for "Services for Macintosh" so I did a bit of routing around.
So see below for the list of Networking Services that are no Longer Supported on a Windows Vista and Windows 2008 platform.
- Bandwidth Allocation Protocol (BAP)
- Serial Line Interface Protocol (SLIP)
- SLIP-based connections will automatically be updated to PPP-based connections.
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM)
- IP over IEEE 1394
- NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol
- Services for Macintosh (SFM)
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing protocol component in Routing and Remote Access
- Basic Firewall in Routing and Remote Access (replaced with Windows Firewall)
- Static IP filter APIs for Routing and Remote Access (replaced with Windows Filtering Platform APIs)
- The SPAP, EAP-MD5-CHAP, and MS-CHAP (also known as MS-CHAP v1) authentication protocols for PPP-based connections