I was talking to Eileen about her experience adding social book marking tags one of the drawbacks was that she has to
- Post date the blog entry, and publish it
- Go to the blog site and get the URL
- Go back to live writer
- Add the social book marking tags
- Change the post date to “now”
- Re-publish the blog entry
OK, I’m a geek but I thought “blow that for a game of soldiers: I’ll upload it once and use powershell to make the change. I can even take a trick from Lee and add the links to old posts. So, I put the additional HTML in a text file, substitiute the necessary strings in and add it to the body of the downloaded posts, then re-upload.
My updated version of Lee’s code and my additions is in the attached ZIP file. And everything below here was added by the script.