One of the things that people argue about whenever we discuss "blogging smart" is when it is fitting to publish a mail and when it isn't. It's always smart to flag confidential mail as such, but sometimes it's hard to tell with unflagged mail. So I really like it when someone like Jeff Woolsey sends out mail which says.
Please forward this to friends/family/customers and children of all ages. Here’s a PUBLIC video of Windows Server “Longhorn” and two of its cool new features: Server Core and Windows Server virtualization.
Again, this is totally PUBLIC.
In this demo you will see:
- Windows Server Virtualization running on a Server Core installation managed remotely from another Windows Server Longhorn box
- 64-bit and 32-bit virtual machines running concurrently
- SUSE Linux 10 running in a virtual machine
- An 8-core virtual machine
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager interface and Operations
- System Center Operations Manager Monitoring the VMs on the Server Core box
- Fire off a PowerShell script to hot-add another NIC to a SQL VHD Image
Worth watching ? I think so. Go watch it !
Bonus link: My colleagues in Canada have a chat with Jeff available as a Podcast