Came across this cool article on eWeek about the online coverage by NBC of the Olympics powered by Microsoft Silverlight, there are some pretty mind-boggling statistics about the use throughput of data and the number of downloads of the plugin. Here are some numbers from the first four days that caught my eye:
- Silverlight has been downloaded 8 million times per day
- 13.5 million video streams active
- 2.2 million video streams during Athens in 2004
- That’s 514% growth
- 16.9 million users of the site
- On August 11th Silverlight delivered 250TB of data
Nice work guys!