Because I gave feedback to Nvidia on their drivers for Windows Vista, I received an email from them today about the latest set of updates to the following boards but not the mobile GPUs:
- GeForce 6
- GeForce 7
- GeForce 8
What’s coming with the new drivers:
- GeForce 7 series SLI support
- GeForce 6 series SLI support
- GeForce 7950 GX2 support (both GPUs are now operational)
Key Bug Fixes
- Improved OpenGL performance
- Improved NVIDIA SLI performance at high resolutions
- Brief corruption (flickering, boxes) on screen at Windows Vista login, CTR-ALT-DEL (Task Manager), or other function that requires Vista User Account Control
- Playback issues when playing TV/DVD/video in Media Center with Aero enabled
- Outputting via TV-Out shows only a black and white display
- HDTV output does not keep HDTV resolution after restart
- Adjusting Video Color settings from the NVIDIA Control Panel are not getting applied.
- Change Flat Panel Scaling page does not correctly work in the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Brightness, Contrast and Gamma values remain the same in Adjust Desktop Color settings once closing and opening the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Corruption on DVI monitor while going to hibernation from standby
- Call of Duty 2 has no performance gain when SLI is enabled
- Madden NFL 07 while playing the screen will freeze, but the game will continue to run and you hear the in-game sounds.
General application compatibility fixes
- Products Supported
- GeForce 8800 GTX/GTS
- GeForce 7 series
- GeForce 6 series
The new drivers will be available over the next couple of days from http://www.nvidia.com/object/vistaqualityassurance.html.
If you want to report a bug to Nvidia, you can do so here: