With Longhorn slated for release later this year, administrators will be keen to read about what enhancements it brings to the table - particularly when working with Windows Vista on the client end. Some of the different things you are going to see with regards to Group Policy include:
- Network location awareness
Smarter policies that change depending on the network situation of the client
- New format for administrative templates
ADMX is the way forward. SYS FOL Bloat is one of the things this helps to avoid by storing the files in a central share.
- Device blocking
Will help companies comply with internal and external security policies and prevent IP walking out the office.
Other enhancements to note:
- Location-based printer assignments
- Printer driver installations by users
- Better security setting configuration
To find out more check out this article from Jonathan Hassell.