Announcing the Knowledge Master Competition. Up skill your knowledge, and be in with a chance to win an Xbox One. What could go wrong?
We are giving you a chance to win an Xbox One. All you have to do is…
- Complete one of the following online MVA courses
- ‘Dev/Test in the Cloud’ (total of 3 hours/4 modules to complete)
- How can technology help grow my business? (total of 25 minutes/1 module to complete)
- Building Blocks: DevOps and Enterprise Development (total of 1 hour 47 mins to complete/3 modules)
- Power Tools for Windows 10 (total of 3 hours/7 modules to complete)
- Take screenshot of your completed course
- Pop you screenshot in an email and in 35 words or less tell us “How you will apply what you just learned”. Be smart, be imaginative, be funny.
- Send email to email@example.com
Hurry, you have until 27th June to enter. Winner will be notified on 29th June.
Before you compete take a look at our full terms and conditions:
- Instructions on how to enter this competition form part of the conditions of entry. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions.
- The promoter is Microsoft Pty Limited (ACN 002 589 460) of 1 Epping Road, North Ryde, New South Wales, 2113.
- Entry is open to Australian residents who are 18 years or over. Employees and their immediate families of the promoter, its retailers, suppliers and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
- The competition commences at 9 am (Sydney time) on 3rd June 2016 and closes at 9 am (Sydney time) on 25th June 2016 (“Promotion Period”).
- To enter, entrants must, during the Promotion Period, explain in 35 words or less “How I will improve a business process to improve efficiency or productivity with the Microsoft Product I have completed the course on”. Entrants must take a screenshot of their completed MVA (Microsoft Virtual Academy) course with the answer and an email address to best contact them on should they be the winner and contacted and email the submission to firstname.lastname@example.org . The course completions accepted in this competition include and are limited to:
- ‘Dev/Test in the Cloud’ https://mva.microsoft.com/en-US/training-courses/devtest-in-the-cloud-16274?l=9aAijd7LC_2005190311 (A total of 3 hours and 4 modules for completion).
- How can technology help grow my business? https://mva.microsoft.com/en-US/training-courses/how-can-technology-help-grow-my-business-16255?l=679zRrcLC_6705192797 (A total of 25 minutes and 1 module for completion).
- Building Blocks: DevOps and Enterprise Development https://mva.microsoft.com/en-US/training-courses/building-blocks-devops-and-enterprise-development-16061?l=p0K70oWDC_4205632527 (A total of 1 hour and 47 minutes and 3 modules for completion).
- Power Tools for Windows 10: https://mva.microsoft.com/en-US/training-courses/power-tools-for-windows-10-16405?l=2xJ2DdeUC_506573942 (A total of 3 hours and 7 modules for completion)
- The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant whom the promoter believes either has tampered with the entry process or has submitted an entry otherwise than in accordance with these conditions of entry.
- All valid entries received during the Promotion Period will be reviewed by the judging panel. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on how the Microsoft product they have completed the course on will enable changed and improves business processes or practices in their business to achieve better and more successful outcomes. The panel of judges will evaluate the originality, practicality and integration of the proposed solution to the business’ current operation (“Judging Criteria”).
- The entry deemed to be the best by the judging panel will win a Microsoft Xbox One Total number prizes = 1. Total prize value = $499.
- If the promoter is unable to supply the nominated prize, the promoter reserves the right to supply another prize of greater or equal value.
- All entries become the property of the promoter. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for entries not received by the promoter. Entries will be deemed invalid if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- Entrants warrant that their entry in the competition does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. The entrant indemnifies and will keep the promoter and its associated agencies indemnified against any loss, costs (including legal costs), expenses or liability the promoter and its associated agencies may suffer arising out of a breach by the entrant of this clause.
- All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- The stated prize value is the recommended retail value (including GST) in Australia as provided by the supplier and is correct at the time of printing. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize. The promoter and its associated agencies and companies accept no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
- Winners of all prizes will be notified via email that they have provided during the time of submission to email@example.com.
- In the event that a prize is not claimed by 25th July 2016 the judges will select an alternate winner on the basis of the Judging Criteria. In the event that the alternate winner does not claim their prize by 25th August 2016 then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other prize will be awarded in lieu of that prize.
- Failure by the promoter to exercise any of its rights contained within these terms and conditions at any time does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Entrants agree, at the promoter’s request, to participate in any promotional activity (such as sharing the winner’s name on the TechNet Blog and TechNet Newsletter) surrounding this competition or the winning of any prize. Entrants agree that they will not be remunerated for this participation. Entrants consent to the promoter and its associated agencies’ using their name and image in any media in perpetuity, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
- These terms and conditions do not, nor do they purport to, limit, exclude or modify any non-excludable statutory guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), or any other warranties (whether express or implied) under any state or federal legislation which cannot be excluded.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, the promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law and without limiting any other conditions of entry, the promoter may, in its discretion, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. All entrants participating in the promotion at the point of termination, modification or suspension of the promotion will be notified by the promoter in writing. In the event of modification or suspension of the promotion, the entrant may choose to terminate their participation in the promotion at no cost.
- The promoter assumes no responsibility, and the entrant releases the promoter from responsibility, for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, claim, damage or injury to person or property (including computer systems and servers) as a result of the entrant’s participation in this promotion or the conduct of the promotion generally or as a direct or indirect result of an entrant’s error, any technical problem (including communications or network failure, unauthorised access to, transferral of, or theft of, data), whether caused by the entrant, or associated with the equipment or programming used in the conduct of this promotion. If, because of any such problem, this promotion is not able to be conducted as planned and/or the promotion’s administration, security, fairness or integrity are compromised or affected, the promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or disqualify any entrant involved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion in any way.