It has been a little while since I have been blogging on here… so lets start with the 2 exciting announcements during my hiatus.
Surface Pro 3!!!!!!! That's almost enough said, but I want to touch on some cool features that jumped out at me.
- Increased screen size – The Surface Pro 3 has a 12” ClearType Full HD screen with 2160 x 1440 resolution. This is 38% bigger than the Surface Pro 2, with 50% more pixels
- Continuous kickstand – You can now have the kickstand at any angle you wish (from 0-150 degrees). Gone are the days of two, or even one position for the kickstand
- Amazingly thin and light – The new Surface weighs under a kilogram (1.76 lbs.) and is around 90mm thin (0.36 inches)
These features are merely the tip of the features and capabilities iceberg, however in my mind this makes the Surface Pro 3 a complete laptop replacement. To check out some of the cool new apps and accessories you can visit the Surface Blog.
Yesterday (US-PDT time) Satya Nadella and Marc Benioff (salesforce.com CEO) announced a new global strategic partnership. The terms of this partnership have not been disclosed, however in a nut shell the partnership drives solutions to connect the salesforce.com CRM apps and platform to Microsoft Office and Windows. The planned solutions include; Salesforce for Windows and Windows Phone 8.1, Salesforce for Office 365, OneDrive and SharePoint as storage options for Salesforce and more!! It is definitely worth keeping an eye out for additional news around the partnership in the next few days.
While I have your attention, here are some relatively new resources to explore;
- New book: Training Guide: Administering Windows Server 2012 R2
- Free ebook: Introducing Microsoft Azure HDInsight
- MVA – SQL Server in Azure Virtual Machines – Jump Start
- MVA – Preparing for the Windows 8.1 MCSA
That's it from me – Happy Friday!!