Happy Friday everyone!!
It has been a big week of releases and updates!
On March 19, SQL Server 2014 was released to manufacturing. SQL Server 2014 is the foundation to the Microsoft cloud-first data platform and introduces a wealth of new features and capabilities to the SQL stack. Quentin Clark (Corporate Vice President, Data Platform Group), discusses the following on The Official Microsoft Blog;
- Built-in in-memory technology for faster application performance
- Hybrid cloud capabilities offer greater flexibility
SQL Server 2014 will be generally available on April 1.
For years now OneNote has been one of my favourite Office products. I consider myself somewhat of a power user and I was very excited to hear the updates from the OneNote Team this week. On March 17 they announced three key OneNote developments;
- OneNote for Mac is now available, plus its FREE!! This means that OneNote is now available on all platforms.
- OneNote is now FREE everywhere!! This includes the Windows PC desktop version and the above Mac version. Of course, premium features will be available to paying customers, however this announcement enables all users to get their hands on OneNote for free.
- The OneNote service now provides a cloud API - enabling connections to blogs/news websites, scanners, mobile document scanning and more.
You can read the full announcement on the Office Blog.
As always, feel free to comment any questions.
Have a great weekend!