Get Windows 7 RTM today with a 25% discount for TechNet Plus Direct subscriptions

Windows 7 RTM is available now for TechNet Plus Subscribers.  If you’re not already a subscriber we are offering a special 25% discount for new TechNet Plus Direct subscriptions.

Normally TechNet Plus Direct would cost $512, but if you subscribe today you will only pay $384 inc GST.

In addition to getting your hands on Windows 7 RTM you will also receive:

• Full versions of Microsoft software, without time limits.

• Professional Support incidents

• A technical information library

• Resources for evaluating, deploying, and maintaining Microsoft software

Subscribe today and use the promo code TNWIN7RTM to apply the discount.

Having issues signing up online? You can contact the Customer Service team either through phone (13 20 58) or email tnaus@microsoft.com to place your order

@Jack

Offer expires October 31st 2009!

I received an email back from Microsoft advising that their systems have been "under an extremely high workload worldwide due to the release of Windows 7 to our subscribers".  The also advise that the traffic has slowed somewhat and to try again.  So for those who have had problems, try again now.

I have now signed up over the phone and have been advised that I need to wait 24-48 hours for my subscriber ID to arrive by email.  Seems a long time to wait.

4. Jack says:

That’s terrific I’ve been thinking about getting a subscription (I used to have one but let it lapse).

How long will the promo code last?

5. Cweb says:

Anyone else having trouble signing up?  it asks for my live ID and then :

Sign in to Microsoft Order Management Help

Windows Live ID is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:

This site may be experiencing a problem.

The site may not be a member of Windows Live ID.

You can:

You can sign in or sign up at other Windows Live ID sites and services, or try again later at this site.

6. Richard Allan says:

I couldnt purchase it either. I get to the live login page and my browser just trys and retrys and gets nowhere

7. Dean Jennings says:

I am also getting the same results after entering my Windows Live ID.  Can anyone from Microsoft advise what is going on?

8. Richard says:

Seems like they dont want us to subscribe eh

9. Neil says:

I did it with no problem last night – I have a receipt, but I don’t know if I get an email to say that it is now active or I need to do some verification.

The receipt says that it will be active after processing, and that was now 14 hours ago. If I login to Technet I still can’t do anything. It would be good if they indicated the time for processing or sent a confirmation email.

Hard to know what the process is.

10. Dean says:

I have now tried from 3 different computers and used IE8, firefox & Chrome with the same results.  I’m not sure how Neil got through.

11. Jeff25 says:

I didnt have a problem signing up but I’m still waiting since Friday for my confirmation & technet subscriber ID. It seems very slow to process something that could be entirely automated.

Needs more updates!!

12. Mark Boon says:

That’s frustrating, I only joined in July and paid the $512.00 🙁

I would recommend TechNet though guys.

Cheers,

Boony

13. whitedragem says:

so if my subscription runs out and I have to reinstall (say win7), will MS authenticate my software on the next install if I am using my originally given keys?

14. kkt says:

There was a promo code for 40% off in July, Its a shame that doesn’t work anymore 🙁

15. neosin says:

wth is technet?

someone explain?

16. Luke Thompson says:

I got through the login part, i paid in full via credit card, they sent me 3 emails saying subrscribe now following these specific instructions.. it says enter the details exactly as on ur purchase order, so i copy and pasted the details so there was no mistakes.. My money is gone out of my account but microsoft is telling me they have no subscription under my details.. i have 3 orders and an email reciept to prove it, not sure wats going on but it aint working…

17. Ian says:

So is this subscription worked for anyone yet? Not sure I should try it based upon comments here…

18. William says:

What’s the point of Technet Direct if downloads are so slow.