The following are great technical resources regarding Windows Vista Volume Activation:
- Technical Overview deck (recording) – A Live Meeting recording of Thomas Lindeman, Senior Product Manager for the Market Expansion Group (MEG) delivering the Technical Overview slide deck to IT Pros on 12/12.
- Microsoft® Solution Accelerator for Business Desktop Deployment (BDD). This document provides background and specific instruction to the Infrastructure Remediation feature team on the setup and management of volume activation technologies for the Windows Vista™ operating system.
- Step-by-Step Guide. This guide provides step-by-step planning, deployment, and operational guidance for activating volume editions of the Windows Vista™ operating system.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). This guide provides answers to frequently asked questions about Windows Vista™ Volume Activation 2.0.
- Planning Guidance: Plan Support. Samples scripts for your Helpdesk to address common Volume Activation 2.0 issues: Steps to convert KMS to MAK and MAK to KMS, Troubleshooting activation issues, Recovery from Reduced Functionality Mode (RFM) and Recovery from Non-Genuine.
- Technical Attributes. An excel spreadsheet that details WMI Properties, WMI Methods, KMS Registry, KMS Events, KMS Error Codes and KMS RPC Messages.
- Standard User Product Activation. Instruction on how to deploy a key within an image.