Ask your questions at TechNet Newsgroups

Need some support?  Ask the question at our TechNet Newsgroups.  Bookmark this page!

Thanks for the questions.  You should post them at the newsgroups at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/default.mspx

OS Windows XP PRO XP2

UPDATES INSTALLED

TASK MANAGER FAILED OR DISABLED.

I tried to terminate a program via the task manager, but was unable to do thid because it was disabled. T tried to find out how to enable it again but cant seem to find it.

I think the updates may have something todo with it but i am unsure. I just want to know how toturn it on again.

We have just upgraded to Server 2003 R2 and since then the network printers (all HP) will not connect for the users.  The logon script maps them ok but when a user attempts to print they get a message :- Windows cannot print to this printer due to blah blah.

It’s driving me insane.  Help please

Does anyone know why i am getting spam emails that are not addresses to me and what can i do to stop them them other than sending them to junk mail?

regards

Loretta

5. Craig says:

Receive the following message when trying to open excel 2000.

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application.

System running XPsp2. Have tried restoring to earlier time – same fault

Any Ideas?

6. Domit says:

Please assist to reset admin password on my laptop

7. William says:

after downloading the new internet explorer 7 i cannot see frame links in websites. does anyone know any solution to this problem

8. John Francis says:

My anti-spy ware (Xoftspy) tells me I have an Trojan in C:WindowsSystem32ctfmon.exe. What is ctfmon.exe and what is likely to happen if I allow xoftspy to make changes? No name was offered for the Trojan.

9. Carol says:

i cannot get sound on my lap top

10. kenni says:

I JUST BROUGHT ,,XP HOME EDITION,,AND THE SELLER TOLD ME COULD USE IT IN BOTH MY COMPUTORS BUT I CAN ONLY DOWNLOAD IT ONE IS THERE A SOLLUTION

11. kenni says:

GET ..MICROSOFT DEFENDER.. JOHN FRANCIS

12. kenni says:

PLS IF ANYBODY KNOWS HOW I CAN GET THE XP HOME EDITION ON MY SECOND COMPUTER PLS EMAIL TO;; lcobcroft@bigpond.com. thank you

13. Craig says:

Hi All,

W.A. is implementing Daylight Savings.

Apart from using TZEDIT.exe to manually configure 400+ computers and servers at 20 different sites in Western Australia (I’m in Brisbane), does anyone know if Microsoft will be releasing a timezone patch?

Regards

Craig Riley

IT Technical Support Officer

Independent Practitioner Network Limited

14. Frank says:

Hi,

all Australian looking to get an answer how to cope with an extra Daylight Savings change in West Australia.

What do we need to consider and what is not an option?

Any patch or comment from Microsoft to this?

Cheers

Frank

15. ...1 says:

mmm.. nice design, I must say..

16. ...1 says:

luogo grande:) nessun osservazioni!

17. ...1 says:

Chi ha fatto questo? E un buon posto per trovare le informazioni importanti!:)

18. ...1 says:

Ich erklare meinen Freunden uber diese Seite. Interessieren!

19. ...1 says:

Stupore! Amo questo luogo!:)))))))

20. ...1 says:

E grande io ha trovato il vostro luogo! Le info importanti ottenute! ))

21. Sarah Mocke says:

(Characters appear as question marks)

if we saved an msn conversation in a txt but after opening the file the words are not clear,all the sentences are question marks like this:

???says:

???????

??? says:

????????

?????says:

??? ??? ??

what we do was:

first saved the conversation by selecting "save as" from the file menu but changed the type from "RTF Document" to "Text Document"

then clicked "save" again before closing the conversation box and close the msn then open the notepad file and discover the error! I think the error was because of the second step which is clicking "save"

is there any way to solve this problem and get the text back please

Thanks in advance for your help

22. Sarah Mocke says:

maybe its the wrong please to post this problem but I don’t know where to post it and I need help on that 🙁 so sorry

23. ihpfzxqmof says:

Hello! Good Site! Thanks you! emgdurfkyc

24. bvlvtdijtc says:

Wow, cool man, big thanks! <a href=http://pfpdmgygnhcri.com >http://pfpdmgygnhcri.com</a>

25. Computer Networking Western Australia says:

fantastic, great post…your sites are very nice, you can also check these are also very much useful for everyone…best regard!

26. John says:

i have a xbox and i think u sould put an  assassins creed 3 demo so i can try it think u and i buy lots of stuff from u guys so thinks