Issue 1 | March, 2010 | Bi-Monthly Update
Forefront Edge in the News
Read Andrew Garcia’s review in eWeek on how Microsoft's Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 addresses many of the enterprise networking shortcomings of DirectAccess: Microsoft Forefront UAG 2010 Makes DirectAccess Feasible.
Highlights from the Worldwide MVP Summit 2010
What’s New at Forefront Edge Security TechCenter?
Now available for download at the Microsoft® Forefront Edge Security TechCenter:
What’s New at the Microsoft Download Center?
New SuperFlow available at the Microsoft Download Center
We are piloting SuperFlow for troubleshooting, tell us what you think about it!
Your feedback will determine whether we adopt this format for all Forefront TMG troubleshooting content. Download the SuperFlow from the Download Center, use it, and let us know how was your experience!
The SuperFlow interactive content model provides a structured and interactive interface for viewing documentation. The SuperFlow for Troubleshooting Forefront TMG Installation provides information that helps you to troubleshoot Forefront TMG installation issues, including failure to run the Forefront TMG Preparation Tool and Forefront TMG Setup. Some steps contain links, while others open new windows with information, or sample log entries. The SuperFlow also includes links to relevant resources, including additional deployment and troubleshooting information.
What’s new on Forefront Edge Security TechNet?
The following documentation is now live on Microsoft® Forefront Security Edge TechNet:
- Forefront TMG 2010 documentation—This Forefront TMG Release to Web content culminates a customer- and solutions-focused effort, resulting in a new content structure, new content, and the streamlining of previously-available content. Localized versions of Forefront TMG 2010 documentation have also been released to TechNet.
New content includes:
* Web access protection troubleshooting for URL filtering, HTTPS inspection, and Network Inspection System (NIS).
* Secure Web Gateway solution guide—Designed to help administrators plan, deploy, and maintain a Forefront TMG secure Web gateway, according to the requirements of their organization.
* Interoperability with BranchCache solution guide—Addresses the interoperability of Forefront TMG and BranchCache, a feature of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
* Forefront TMG 2010 hardware recommendations—Describes the hardware recommendations for common deployment scenarios, and design considerations specific to Forefront TMG that are relevant for any size deployment.
- Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) RTM documentation—This release includes a selection of Planning and Design guides to help users identify design strategies, and match them to deployment requirements. Design guides are provided for each stage of deployment, including planning the corporate infrastructure, installation, array configuration, Forefront UAG DirectAccess deployment, application publishing, endpoint access control, and endpoint access component deployment.
Forefront Edge in the Community
We’d love to have your comments and feedback to this newsletter. You can contact the Forefront Edge User Assistance team at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Michelle Friedmann, Technical Editor, Forefront Edge