ISA Server does not handle IPv6 traffic. IPv6 traffic will pass through the ISA Server firewall regardless of your firewall policy. We recommend that you not enable IPv6 traffic on the ISA Server computer or array. If you have enabled IPv6 traffic, we recommend that you disable it on the ISA Server computer, or on each member of the ISA Server array.
To disable the IPv6 stack, on the ISA Server computer or array member, type the following at a command prompt:
netsh interface ipv6 uninstall
Alternatively, you can disable the IPv6 stack in the Windows user interface:
- On the ISA Server computer or array member, from the Start menu, point to Settings and select Control Panel.
- In the control panel, double-click Network Connections.
- Double-click a network connection that is associated with a network adapter, and click Properties.
- On the General tab, from the list box, select Microsoft TCP/IP version 6, and then click Uninstall. In the warning dialog box, click Yes to proceed.
- Click OK to close the network connection properties.
- Restart the ISA Server computer or array member.
Note: You only have to perform this procedure on one network connection on the ISA Server computer (Standard Edition) or on one network connection on each ISA Server array member (Enterprise Edition).
ISA Server User Education