By Ele Ocholi | Intune Sr. PM
Are you interested in using and testing the macOS Company Portal app before it's generally available? Using Microsoft AutoUpdate, you can sign up to receive builds early by joining the Office insider program for mac which will enable you to use the updated Company Portal before it’s available to your end users.
We will try to allow for at least five work days of time before releasing the final build to the public channel to allow time for testing. You will also have the opportunity to provide feedback directly to the Intune team. We plan to continue releasing Company Portal updates through these channels until we release a final build to the public.
Instructions to sign up:
- Install the macOS Intune Company Portal app by getting it from the Company portal website or from https://macadmins.software.
- Microsoft AutoUpdate should automatically launch once installation is complete, but if not, from the macOS Intune Company Portal menu select Help > Check for Updates.
- When Microsoft AutoUpdate launches, check the box next to Join the Office Insider program to get early access to new releases.
- Select Office Insider Slow then click on Check for Updates.
- Important Notes:
- It is recommended you use Insider builds on a test device.
- As at this time, only the Insider Slow channel will have pre-release builds available. This selection will also apply to the Office for Mac applications so please review the guidelines for selecting Office Insider Fast as compared to Office Insider Slow.