The following post is authored by Priya Ravichandran, Sr. PM working on the Intune Company Portal for Windows.
Intune will be releasing a new version of the Company Portal specifically for Windows 10 platforms. The new version will be a Universal application that supports all device platforms while maintaining all the functionality available in the current Window 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 Company Portal apps.
The new version brings the following improvements to the Company Portal Experience on Windows 10:
- Single Company Portal app across all editions of Windows, for all device families
- Enables organizations to configure Automatic MDM enrollment in Azure AD when signing in to the app
- Supports the Single Sign on capability on Windows 10
- Supports the use of certificates to sign into the app
- Updated user experience to match the look and feel of Windows 10
This new version will be available in the Windows Store as an upgrade to the current versions of the Company Portal app and, if auto-updates for store apps are enabled, the app will automatically be upgraded without any user interaction. Once the update is released, some customers will start seeing the new version immediately; we expect all customers will see the new version over the next few weeks.
The new version will also be made available for sideloading, which can be used to update versions of the Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 Company Portal apps sideloaded on Windows 10 devices
Here are screenshots illustrating the new user experience in the Microsoft Intune Company Portal for Windows 10: