In ConfigMgr 2007, we now have several different types of packages, which can make it difficult to find a specific package which is referenced by a task sequence. Here are a couple of tips to help resolve package references:
- If you select your task sequence in the Admin UI and select the "References" tab on the preview pane you will get a list of all packages that the task sequence references (including the type and version fields which can be used to find them).
- You can use the "Packages referenced by a specific task sequence" report to get the status of all packages referenced by a task sequence. As a general rule, you should check this before you advertise the task sequence to ensure that all of the packages are properly replicated to accessible distribution points.
However, dynamic package references are not included in the list of references, so you will need to check the status of these packages manually before advertising the task sequence. Dynamic package references which might be required by a task sequence include:
- Packages / Programs that are installed using the "Install multiple applications" option.
- Drivers in Driver Packages that are needed by the "Auto Apply Driver" task sequence step.
- Software Updates in Software Update Deployment packages that are needed by the "Install Software Update" task sequence step.
Contributed by Brett Flegg