Step-by-Step installation of Exchange Connector 3.0 RC for System Center 2012 Service Manager
The mountaineer of the A-Team, Bhuwan Upadhyay, takes the baton and discusses a common scenario observed with System Center 2012 Service Manager. The System Center 2012 Service Manager – Exchange Connector 3.0 connects System Center 2012 Service Manager to Exchange for processing incoming emails related to incidents, change requests, service requests, and other types of work items and sending notifications from the console.
Exchange Connector setup and configuration is divided in five parts:
1. Enable Exchange Connector in SCSM by copying some files and importing MP’s
- Install Exchange Web Services API on Exchange Server. You can download these API’s from here:
- Once you have installed Exchange Web Services API on Exchange Server, copy “Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll” from C:Program FilesMicrosoftExchangeWeb Services1.2 to SCSM Server at C:Program FilesMicrosoft System Center 2012Service Manager.
- Copy “Microsoft.SystemCenter.ExchangeConnector.dll” from the installation folder of Exchange Connector 3.0 RC to C:Program FilesMicrosoft System Center 2012Service Manager.
- Import the following MP’s from the installation folder of Exchange Connector 3.0 RC:
- Service Manager Exchange Connector ver 18.104.22.168
- Sendmail ver 22.214.171.124
2. Impersonate SCSM Workflow account in Exchange Management Shell:
- Run the following command in PowerShell: New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Name:AdminImpersonateAll -Role:ApplicationImpersonation -User SCSMWorkflow
3. Create and configure Server Authentication Certificate for Exchange Server:
- Go to CA and create a duplicate copy of Web Server Certificate Template and make sure in the properties you have selected “Private Key Export” and “Publish in AD” options and provide “Read and Enroll” permission to Authenticated Users.
- Go to Certificate Template in CA and right click Certificate Templates and choose New – “Certificate Template to Issue” and select the Template that you have created earlier.
- Now go the Exchange server and open MMC and add Certificates snap for local computer, then go to Personal and then right click- all task- Request for New certificate. Choose from AD Enrollment Policy and select the Template that you created earlier. When selecting the Certificate click below for “More Information” and provide Exchange Servers FQDN name as common name in Subject Tab and also provide same FQDN name at Friendly Name in General Tab.
4. Configuring Registry for Exchange Web Services URL:
- Create Registry Key “System Center Service Manager Exchange Connector” under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoft
- Then create the following string value:
- Value: ExchangeURL – (https://gpsdc.gpsdemo.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx)
- Value: EnableEWSTracing – 1 (optional, for troubleshooting connector related issues)
- Value: LoggingLevel – 7 (optional, for troubleshooting connector related issues)
5. Creating Exchange Connector in SCSM console:
- While creating connector select “Use Impersonation” for the account email@example.com or any other account that you want to monitor.Make sure SCSM Workflow account is added to Administrators role in SCSM console.
And you are done!
Hope this information helps. The A-Team is always there to help you out and guide you in this process. So, let us know of your queries or feedbacks.