Schedule Online Meeting using Lync for Mac?

Since Lync for Mac is now available for download from TechNet, MSDN, and through the download site customers have access to via their volume licensing agreement, two questions often come back:

Q1. Can I use Lync for Mac to connect to my Office 365 Lync Online environment?

A1. Yes you can

Q2. Can I schedule Online Meetings using Outlook for Mac?

A2. Yes you can,

as long as you are using Outlook 2011 for Mac, deployed with the latest update 14.1.3, available for download from

Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 15.49.05

Or you can go straight to to download this Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.1.3 Update:

Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 15.49.58

Once you have Lync for Mac deployed, and Microsoft Outlook:Mac 2011, Version 14.1.3, you are ready to schedule online meetings Smile

Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 15.55.00

I’m using Lync for Mac and Outlook for Mac, to connect to Lync Online (Office 365). To schedule an online meeting, I first need to create a new meeting, and then I will see I can convert the meeting to an Online Meeting Smile

Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 15.55.24

Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 15.55.35

Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 16.07.09

Since I haven’t added dial-in conferencing with one of our approved dial-in conferencing providers, I can only click Join Online meeting at this point.

I can select Set Access and Permissions:

Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 16.10.58

Here you can specify who gets directly into the meeting without waiting in the lobby.

Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 16.11.08

And we can decide who can be a presenter as well:

Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 16.11.46

Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 16.11.59

And the Online Meeting is visible in Outlook for Mac as well Smile

Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 16.15.35

1. mac_admin says:

we have Lync 2010 server and Mac clients with lates 2011 14.1.3.

For some reason there is no "Online Meeting"-button available in our toolbar in Meeting-tab.

Does anybody know why it is missing?

2. Geo says:

Had the same issue, After I successfully logged into the Lync client, I needed to fully close Outlook and re-launch it…after that, the button appeared.

3. Jason Miller says:

If you can't get the Lync buttons to display in Outlook, make sure you're up to date on the Office suite. You must have at least Outlook 2011 14.1.3.

4. Caine says:

I have a different problem.  I can schedule meetings in my appointments; however, when the meeting comes up and I click on the link on the calendar, it signs me into the meeting as a guest and not as the presenter.  Works fine on my Windows machine, but for my Mac, I can't seem to get into the meetings I set up, even if I set them up on my Mac Outlook.

Any ideas?

5. Shaugh says:

I think I have a different problem again. I am only a guest. I can, after a lot of difficulty, gain admission to the meeting. But I cannot be heard (microphone is on) and I cannot be seen. All my software is up to date and and I am using a new Mac Airbook. I have just made the transfer to MAC from PC but am dragging both computers around with me for meetings. Any suggestions?  I am not MAC savy.

6. show box says:

Thanks for the great info. I really loved this. I would like to apprentice at the same time as you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog site?
    For more info on showbox please refer below sites:
    Latest version of Showbox App download for all android smart phones and tablets. – It’s just 2 MB file you can easily get it on your android device without much trouble. Showbox app was well designed application for android to watch movies and TV shows, Cartoons and many more such things on your smartphone.
    For showbox on iOS (iPhone/iPad), please read below articles:
    Showbox for PC articles:
    There are countless for PC clients as it is essentially easy to understand, simple to introduce, gives continuous administration, effectively reasonable. it is accessible at completely free of expense i.e., there will be no establishment charges and after establishment
    it doesn’t charge cash for watching films and recordings. Not simply watching, it likewise offers alternative to download recordings and motion pictures. The accompanying are the strides that are to be taken after to introduce Showbox application on Android. The above
    all else thing to be done is, go to the Security Settings on your Android telephone, Scroll down and tap on ‘Obscure sources’.
    Movie Box, an esteemed movies application in which you can find stacks of programs and films. The guide is given here to download Movie Box app to Android and to Apple iOS 9.0.2, iOS 8.4/8.3 and also for the lower versions without Jailbreak.
    Please do login to Showbox application with the help of Ymail. You can login in Ymail from here –
    Sign Up & Do registration for latest movies on Showbox application