We provide a significant range of security tools for use by organisations and at home at a great price - FREE!
The following list is from our complementary monthly 'Security Chronicles' publicaton available to enterprise customers.
- Microsoft Security Compliance Manager 2 (SCM 2) is a free tool to help achieve a secure, reliable, and centralized IT environment and access the latest security setting and configuration recommendations from Microsoft.
- Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2.2 (MBSA 2.2) is an easy-to-use tool that helps small- and medium-sized businesses determine their security state in accordance with Microsoft security recommendations and offers specific remediation guidance. Improve your security management process by using MBSA 2.2 to detect common security misconfigurations and missing security updates on your computer systems.
- The Microsoft Security Assessment Tool 4.0 (MSAT 4.0) is a risk-assessment application designed to help organizations assess weaknesses in their current IT security environment, create a prioritized list of issues, and help provide specific guidance to minimize those risks. MSAT is an easy, cost-effective way to begin strengthening the security of your computing environment and your business.
- Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free, downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.
- The Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) checks computers for infections by specific, prevalent malicious software and helps remove any infections found. When the detection and removal process is complete, the MSRT displays a report describing the outcome, including which, if any, malware was detected and removed. Microsoft releases an updated version of this tool on the second Tuesday of each month.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) can provide free, real-time protection against viruses and spyware for your home or small business with up to 10 PCs. MSE is free to consumers running genuine Windows and is designed to be simple to install and to run quietly in the background.
- Windows Defender is free software that protects computers against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other potentially unwanted software. The new Windows Defender Offline Beta can also help to remove hard to find malicious programs using definitions that recognize threats.
And not free, but well worth knowing about is our enterprise anti-malware solution that is managed through System Center Configuration Manager. Many customers have recently gained access to this as it is now part of our Core CAL license.
- Microsoft Forefront is available for protecting enterprise systems and businesses with more than 10 PCs. There are several versions of Microsoft Forefront offering comprehensive solutions for protection on premises and in the cloud.
Be safe out there!