I have an exchange server running with no SPAM solution on it to track the effects of SPAM and publically available email addresses. While sorting through the emails in one of the accounts I came across endless numbers of message like the one at the end of this message purporting to be from Microsoft asking you to apply an update.
How many people fall for these emails you might ask? Well the answer will shock you when I save 10’s of thousands! The funny thing is that even with a good SPAM solution in pace some of these messages will get through but Outlook itself will allow users to make an educated choice on selecting the hyperlink. Simply hovering over the link first will show if the URL is what they are saying it is, this will give you the information needed before selecting.
Simply but effective!
Update for Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express (KB910721)
Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express. This update is critical and provides you with the latest version of the Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express and offers the highest levels of stability and security.
- To install Update for Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express (KB910721) please visit Microsoft Update Center:
- File Name: officexp-KB910721-FullFile-ENU.exe
- Version: 1.4
- Date Published: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:36:34 +0200
- Language: English
- File Size: 81 KB
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows 98; Windows ME; Windows NT; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP; Windows Vista
- This update applies to the following product: Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Express