This release is available here:
This release is available here:
DPM 2007 Beta 2 is designed to provide a best-of-breed protection and the most robust, reliable recovery experience for Exchange Server, SQL Server, and SharePoint. Try out the new standard for Windows backup and recovery - DPM 2007 combines the best aspects of Continuous Data Protection (CDP) and traditional tape backup with a seamlessly integrated disk and tape platform. Learn how you can use DPM 2007 to perform better backups as well as rapid and reliable recoveries while significantly reducing the costs and complexities associated with data protection.
DPM 2007 is the first backup product engineered from the ground up with Longhorn server in mind. Leveraging the Windows VSS infrastructure as well as a brand new volume filter, DPM is able to efficiently track block level changes on a Longhorn server with significantly less disk or processor overhead than seen in previous solutions. It also includes support for advanced application configurations on Longhorn like Cluster Continuous and Local Continuous replication for Exchange.
Listed below are just some of the new features that DPM Beta 2 includes:
- Ability to restore Exchange at the Mailbox, Database or Storage Group level.
- Support for Microsoft Exchange (E2K3 and E2K7), including advanced configurations such as E2K7 Cluster Continuous Replication (CCR) and Local Continuous Replication (LCR) clusters.
- Support for Microsoft SharePoint (WSS 3.0).
- Support for Microsoft SQL (2K and 2K5), including advanced configurations such as SQL 2005 mirrored clusters. DPM 2007 also supports shortened SQL backup windows without the need for costly compression solutions.
- Zero data loss recovery for Microsoft applications
- Shorter backup windows and smaller full backups thanks to patented Express Full technology
- Efficient use of existing infrastructure, including reduced space requirements for Backup to Disk thanks to innovative data De-Duplication technology.
- Enables end users to do their own recoveries and integrates the End User Recovery experience into windows. Recoveries are as simple a right mouse click!
- Archive/Tape Backup and Tape Data Encryption
- Server system state
- DPM Disaster Recovery (DPM Backing up DPM)
- Protection of Virtual Server 2005 R2 guest OS's and Virtual Server host based backup support
- Files on workstations running WindowsXP Professional SP2 and all Windows Vista Editions except the Home Edition
- NoteDPM does not support file protection on laptops running Windows XP Professional SP2 and Windows Vista Editions
- Command Line Interface based on Power Shell - DPMV2 Beta2 Windows PowerShell commands
- DPMV2 Beta2 provides its own set of Windows PowerShell commands that can be used as an alternative to DPM Administrator Console.
- Pre/Post Back-up Scripts
- Network Bandwidth throttling Options
Your testing and feedback on System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 Beta 1 contributed to the quality of Beta 2 and is much appreciated. We are excited for you to see the great work our product team has done, and we very much look forward to your feedback on this build as we make a significant step toward the final release.
You may download the following important Beta 2 documents from Connect downloads (https://connect.microsoft.com/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?SiteID=205&DownloadID=6599&wa=wsignin1.0):
- Getting Started Guide
- Planning Guide
- Operations Guide
- Upgrade Guide
- System Requirements
- Deployment Guide
- Known Issues/Release Notes
- Troubleshooting Guide
Please also check out our beta FAQ
- Our beta FAQ can be found here (https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=3467&SiteID=205)
- For technical support, please join your fellow beta testers and the DPM Product team in the newsgroup (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.dataprotectionmanager) to get questions answered and problems solved.