Hello folks, David Steadman Here !!
Today with the release of the Microsoft Identity Manager SP1 March 2017 Hotfix 4.4.1459.0, We released a enhancement that we have heard and also I have personally dealt with in the field that the Requestor or Approver has no means to provide Justification upon creating the request or Approving/Rejecting pending request
|The Justification attribute cannot be configured as a required attribute in this initial release. This additional functionality’s being considered for a future version of the product.
Also if using with email notification you can only use Approval / Denied Template Type
- On Portal Configuration Page Enable Justification UI (Administration—>Portal Configuration –> Extended Attributes) Check the Enable Justification UI Boolean. Then perform IIS reset
- After that new text area is displayed on membership request dialogs:
- Now Justification visible upon viewing the request by Approver, RCDC for Request View has to be edited to include [Request/Justification] attribute. More on RCDC can be found here
- When Group Owner Approves provides justification on approval or Deny
- Then Approval response is then inserted into the Approval object Reason
- To include Justification to email templates, Update the template by using the [//Request/Justification] and [//WorkflowData/Reason] parameters.
We hope you enjoy this enhancement!!