Modify the primary SMTP Email Suffix within the ProxyAddresses attribute.
The challenge here is to be able to loop through the proxyAddresses collection and modify a single piece of information on a single line item in the proxyAddresses collection.
I was able to accomplish the given task through the following steps.
- Open the Synchronization Rules Editor and select Inbound Rules
- Click Add New Rule button
- DESCRIPTION TAB
- Name and Description fields are your discretion as to how you wanted to name the rule. For this example I called my rule “In from AD – Updating Primary SMTP ProxyAddresses” with the Description “Will modify the primary SMTP proxyAddresses email suffix”
- Connected System = On-Premise Active Directory Connector
- Connected System Object Type = User
- Metaverse Object Type = Person
- Link Type = Join
- Precedence = 119 (This is just where I set the precedence. Please review the below link to discover where it is best fired for you.
- NOTE: Discover more information on Synchronization Rule Precedence here: Understanding the default configuration: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/active-directory-aadconnectsync-understanding-default-configuration/
- Enable Password Sync = Not Checked
- Disabled = Not Checked
- DESCRIPTION TAB
- SCOPING FILTER: Determine if you need a Scoping Filter based on your business rules
- JOIN RULES: Determine if you need Join Rules based on your business rules
- If you utilize the Preview feature of Azure AD Connect, then Commit the Preview instead of Generating the Preview
- Once you Commit the Preview, then review the actual Metaverse Object
AADConnect Additional Resources
- AADConnect Understanding the default configuration: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/active-directory-aadconnectsync-understanding-default-configuration/