This post was authored by Bala Rajagopalan, Principal Group Program Manager, System Center.
Today, we’re excited to announce the general availability of System Center 2016. System Center 2016 makes it easy for you to deploy, configure and manage your virtualized, software-defined datacenter and hybrid cloud infrastructure. The latest release of System Center offers an array of new capabilities that amplify your ability to meet the most demanding business requirements, providing support for everything from provisioning the physical and virtual infrastructure to IT process and service management.
System Center 2016 is designed to provide:
- Faster time to value with simple installation, in-place upgrades, and automated workflows.
- Efficient operations with improvements in performance and usability of all System Center components.
- Greater heterogeneity and cloud management with broader support for LAMP stack and VMware, including monitoring resources and services in Azure and Amazon Web Services.
System Center 2016 summary highlights
Click to download the What’s New in System Center 2016 white paper
New options in licensing
As announced in December 2015, System Center 2016 will move from processor-based licensing to core-based licensing for both Datacenter and Standard Editions and will continue to be available through all existing licensing channels. In addition, on October 1, 2016, we announced exciting new ways to purchase System Center in conjunction with Operations Management Suite, bringing together the power of System Center for management of the on-premises datacenter with the speed and flexibility of cloud-based management in Operations Management Suite. System Center and Operations Management Suite give you powerful hybrid cloud management solutions for your entire IT environment, both on-premises and in the cloud. Now you have the option to purchase both System Center and Operations Management Suite together, and take advantage of significant savings.
- To get the full benefit of cloud management, and access all the Operations Management Suite services at a convenient price, the Operations Management Suite Add-on for System Center enables you to simply attach Operations Management Suite services to your existing System Center license.
- Customers nearing the end of their renewal cycle can take advantage of a special price and convert their System Center licenses to an Operations Management Suite Subscription. Once converted, you do not need to pay for System Center separately. The Operations Management Suite subscription includes rights to System Center.
Learn more about the exciting new options and more, at the Operations Management Suite pricing page.
Check out what’s new!
For a full listing of the new capabilities in this latest release of our core management platform, you can visit the System Center 2016 site and read the What’s New in System Center 2016 whitepaper. You can also download the System Center 2016 evaluation and see it in action for yourself. Check out the updates to System Center Configuration Manager (version 1606) also released today.
We’ve built in a host of features, taking the learnings from System Center 2012 R2 and your feedback to make sure System Center continues to support you. The unique requirements of the on-premises datacenter are your business, every day, and we encourage you to explore how System Center 2016 can help you move faster and focus on delivering impact. Try out the evaluation today!