Today we are announcing a new addition to the Server management tools – Windows Update. WU WMI providers were made available on Nano Server in TP4 that offered a cmdline solution for installing updates. With this addition to Server management tools, you can now manage updates on not only your Nano Servers, but also other SKUs of Windows Server 2016 from within the Azure portal!
The following capabilities are supported as part of Windows Update:
- View the list of available updates
- Install available updates on the remote server
- Schedule a restart, if required, to complete update installation
- View the history of updates
- Monitor the success/failure of update installation