TechEd North America is officially underway, and it’s time to roll out the red carpet! It began this morning with a post and video on the new Microsoft Cloud OS YouTube channel from Microsoft Server and Tools President Satya Nadella on “The Enterprise Era”, followed by the TechEd North America keynote address by Server & Tools Corporate Vice President Brad Anderson.
After the full lineup of content was revealed this morning, we pulled our Editor’s Choice of session picks for more information on System Center below. Many of these sessions, along with the keynote, will be available for viewing on demand 24-48 hours after the live presentation through the links below. Also, return here later this week for more news on System Center, or visit the Server Cloud blog for a daily overview of all the latest Server-Cloud-Tools news coming out of TechEd North America.
Monday, June 3
- Transform the Datacenter with Server and Management Innovations from Microsoft – Cloud computing models are changing the technology landscape and providing more opportunity than ever for IT to deliver impact to the business. This Foundational Session will dive into the new Microsoft datacenter technologies and demonstrate how you can be the best provider of technology for your organization. Learn how Windows Server, System Center, Windows Azure, and other new technologies work together to help you provision and manage cloud and datacenter infrastructure, provide business continuity, deliver services, and manage applications. This includes breakthrough capabilities in the areas of storage, networking, virtualization, management, and automation. You will also learn how the latest innovations bring together on-premises approaches and cloud-based technologies to deliver hybrid cloud solutions leveraging your existing resources. (Foundation Session, June 3, 2013 from 11:00AM to 12:00PM, Room La Nouvelle Ballroom C) http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/FDN06
- Ask the Experts – Overview of the Cloud OS with Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2 – (Ask the Experts, June 3, 1-2pm)
- Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1 – Configuration Manager Overview – Join this session to hear about all the new functionality with System Center 2012 SP1 – Configuration Manager, such as support for the deployment and management of Windows 8, unified mobile device management with Windows Intune, support for Mac OS X and Linux/Unix clients, infrastructure improvements and more. This session reviews all the new capabilities in Configuration Manager 2012 SP1. (New Session, June 3, 3:00PM – 4:15PM. Room La Nouvelle Ballroom C) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/WCA-B328
- Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1 – Operations Manager: Overview and What’s New – System Center 2012 SP1 – Operations Manager delivers many exciting new features in the areas of Fabric/infrastructure management, application insights and visibility, and increased communication capabilities across traditional IT service management boundaries (Developers, Operations, Network teams, etc). Come talk to members of the product team to hear about these features and to share your feedback with them! (Breakout Session, June 3, 2013 from 4:45PM to 6:00PM. Room New Orleans Theater C) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/MDC-B208.
Tuesday, June 4
- Ask the Experts – Network Virtualization with Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2 –(Ask the Experts, June 4, 12:30 – 1:30pm) The product names in the title are under embargo.
- What’s New in System Center 2012 R2 – Virtual Machine Manager – (New Session, June 4, 2013 from 1:30PM to 2:45PM. Room 393) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/MDC-B357.
- Transform the Datacenter Immersion, Part 3 of 4: Application Management – While System Center continues to be a market leader for infrastructure monitoring, it has now deepened its ability to monitor applications both internally and “outside-in.” With dynamic reporting and monitoring of the application, your organization is now able to improve root-cause analysis processes while reducing the mean time to service restoration. In this lab, get hands-on with a pre-configured environment that takes you on a tour of key scenarios that reveal how Microsoft supports you in leveraging public cloud infrastructure such as Windows Azure to deploy tiers of applications, which are fully integrated into the management fabric. Scenarios included: Microsoft System Center – Operations Manager (Global Service Monitoring) 360 degree application monitoring, Operations Manager (Application Performance Monitoring) accurately triage application problems by monitoring Front End web applications, mid-tier web service and databases, Operations Manager and Dev/Ops remediation process, App Controller and simplified deployment of a package, Windows Azure and database replication. (Instructor Led Lab, June 4, 1:30PM – 2:45PM, Room Hall B2 Room 3) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/MDC-IL303.
- Private Cloud – Better Together: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 and System Center 2012 – Come to this session to see how the new technologies in SQL Server 2012, Windows Server 2012, and Microsoft System Center 2012 SP1 work together to enable customers to run demanding SQL server workloads, consolidate sprawl, and reduce costs. We review key data platform scenarios, benefits, and latest best practices of running a Windows Server 2012 based private cloud. You will walk out with a deep understanding of how to use these product combinations as a whole. This is a great example of how the sum of the parts is greater than the parts themselves. (Breakout Session, June 4, 5:00PM – 6:15PM. Room 295) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/DBI-B206.
- Monitor Your Cloud Application Infrastructure on Windows Azure and Amazon EC2 – In this deep dive on monitoring for cloud applications, we explain why you may need to monitor your application and infrastructure using Microsoft System Center 2012 – Operations Manager SP1 and Application Performance Monitoring (APM) as the primary monitoring solution for both on-premise and cloud deployments. We then demonstrate the monitoring capabilities and general configuration steps of Azure MP and Amazon MP. After applying some load against the application we analyze the data to discover potential bottlenecks and problems. (Breakout Session, June 4, 5:00PM – 6:15PM, Room 298) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/MDC-B402
Wednesday, June 5
- Building Cloud Services with Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2, and the Windows Azure Pack – embargo session description not yet provided. (New Session, June 5, 8:30AM – 9:45AM, Room La Nouvelle Ballroom C) https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2013/MDC-B215
- Ask the Exports – System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager QA – (Ask the Experts, June 5, 12:30 – 1:30pm)