System Center Universe 2013 was a great success! We had hundreds of people in attendance in person and thousands watching live on the webcast! The speakers and presentations they gave were really excellent. The Catapult Systems team really did a fantastic job of putting on a fun, informative event. Clap! Clap! Clap!
If you didn't have a chance to see the sessions live or you want to watch them again and again, no problem! The session recordings and PowerPoint slide decks are now live up on the System Center Universe site:
System Center 2014 will be in Houston, TX!
Thanks again to the Catapult team, the speakers, and to everyone that attended. It was a really stellar time!
Here’s the agenda again for reference:
8:10am – 9:40am – Service Pack 1 (SP1) Presentation and Demos
- Presented by Wally Mead
9:45am – 10:35am – Mobile Device Management with Windows InTune
- Presented by Dan Andersen
10:35am – 10:50am – Morning Break
10:50am – 11:50am – Advanced System Center Reporting
- Presented by Travis Wright
- The System Center data warehouse that ships as part of Service Manager is a powerful, extensible reporting platform. Information on how to leverage that platform is scarce. In this session, Travis will explain some of the technical concepts of the data warehouse and how to extend it and create reports and dashboards that will show the value that the IT organization is providing, track towards goals, and ultimately impress the bosses!
11:55am – 12:25pm – Rocking VMware and Hyper-V Data Protection with Veeam Backup and Replication
- Presented by Chris Henley
12:25pm – 12:40pm – Manage Your Virtual Environment with System Center and Veeam Management Pack for VMware
- Presented by Chris Henley
12:40pm – 1:25pm – Break for Lunch
1:30pm – 2:30pm – Exploring the Dark Side of the Moon with OpsMgr
- Presented by Maarten Goet
- Join System Center MVP Maarten Goet in his exploration of the Dark Side of the Moon with System Center 2012 Operations Manager SP1. See how Operations Manager monitors and manages Windows Azure, Linux, PHP, Oracle and other (non-Microsoft) workloads – all the way from component monitoring to Service Oriented-, capacity trending and dashboard monitoring. In this demo-packed session Maarten will show you hands-on how things have evolved in SP1.
2:35pm – 3:05pm – Super-charge your Service Manager with the Cireson Total Management Suite
- Presented by Paul Sutton, Shaun Ericson, and Travis Wright
- Join our lively demonstration on the one-stop shop suite for all your Service Manager needs. We will be showcasing our SCSM Analyst Web Console, which allows IT professionals to manage day-to-day operations from any browser, tablet, or mobile device. SCSM Asset Management, visibility over the lifecycle of your IT assets from purchase to retirement along with reconciling usage of software licenses and contracts. SCSM My Active Work Items, easily manage your Incidents, Problems, Service requests, Changes, Releases, and Activities all in a single work view. Plus much more! We’ll be raffling of a Windows Surface during this presentation!
3:10pm – 4:10pm – Introduction to Windows Azure Infrastructure as a Service
- Presented by Joey Snow
- Join Joey for an introductory tour of Windows Azure Infrastructure as a Service. Using demonstrations throughout, he explains the Virtual Machine storage architecture and shows how to provision and customize virtual machines, configure network connectivity between virtual machines, and configure site-to-site networks that enable true applications that span from on-premises to Windows Azure. He’ll focus specifically on features that enable you to create highly available Virtual Machine-based deployments and migrate existing workloads to the cloud using System Center.
4:10pm – 4:25pm – Afternoon break
4:25pm – 5:25pm – 2013: An Orchestration Odyssey
- Presented by Pete Zerger
- Prepare to embark on a mission of discovery that will take your Orchestration capabilities to new heights in System Center 2012 SP1! In this demo-heavy session, Pete (with a little help from HAL) will share tips, tricks and secrets enabling novice and expert Orchestrators alike to accelerate and optimize their orchestration efforts in System Center 2012 SP1 and the cloud.
5:30pm – 6:00pm – Q&A with Panel of Experts
- Live and Virtual attendees will have the opportunity to ask the panel of experts questions live and via twitter