Hi everyone, I wanted to make sure you were aware of the official release of MDT 2010 Update 1. If you are considering a move to Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and/or Office 2010, MDT 2010 with System Center contains the tools and guidance to help you through the process.
From a System Center perspective, MDT 2010 adds some really useful enhancements to ConfigMgr. As with previous releases, MDT extends the Admin console to provide enhanced capability in areas like OS Deployment:
- New “User Driven Installation” deployment method
An easy-to-use UDI Wizard allows users to initiate and customize an OS deployment on their PCs that’s tailored to their individual needs.
- Support for Configuration Manager 2007 R3 “Prestaged Media.”
For those deploying Windows 7 and Office 2010 along with new PCs, a custom OS image can easily be loaded in the factory and then customized once deployed
In addition to adding enhancements to ConfigMgr, MDT 2010 Update 1 continues to support Lite Touch Installations with support for Office 2010 and improved Driver importing. If you have been using MDT already, migration is supported to this release, by preserve your existing MDT configuration, with simple wizards to upgrade existing deployment shares and Configuration Manager installations.
Some links for you:
- Download MDT 2010 Update 1 from the Microsoft Download Center
- Learn more about MDT 2010 by visiting the MDT site on TechNet
- Get the latest news by visiting Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Team Blog
- Ask questions, post answers, and share your insights in the MDT Forum