If you missed MMS this year (and even if you didn’t) we’ve got a great webcast series on Service Manager 2010 starting next week. Full details and links to registration (or replay, if after the live broadcast) are as below. All times are US Pacific (West Coast).
- Service Manager Integration with System Center (Wednesday May 19th@1pm PT). Join Group Program Manager Charlie Chase and see how Service Manager 2010 integrates with Operations Manager and Configuration Manager to automate IT operations to reduce support costs. Demos include automatic incident creation and remediation using SCOM, self-service software provisioning using SCCM, and compliance management using SCCM’s DCM feature.
- Automating Incident and Change Management Processes (Friday May 21st @11am PT). Ketan Ghelani and Vladmimir Bakhmetyev will present on how Service Manager 2010 automates Change, Incident, Problem and Configuration Management. This session will give you deep understanding of the features and capabilities of Service Manager.
- Implementation, Architecture and Administration of a Service Manager Deployment (Wednesday May 26th @10am PT). Hear Marc Umeno and Darko Vukovic present the practical aspects of a System Center Service Manager 2010 deployment. You will see how to deploy, configure, and administer the product. Discover best practices for Service Manager Implementations around deployment topology, network considerations, deploying on VMs, availability, and disaster recovery. You will also get insider tips and demos for administration, customization, troubleshooting, and more. After attending this webcast, you will take away a good understanding of what it takes for a successful real-life experience with Service Manager.
- Extending and Customizing Service Manager (Thursday May 27th @1pm PT). Service Manager 2010 is built on a powerful, mature platform that allows you to easily customize and extend the product to meet the needs of the most demanding customers and partners. In this session Travis Wright and Corina Feurstein will present a wide range of methods for customizing and extending Service Manager including: extending the CMDB model, creating custom forms, templates, workflows, and reports just to name a few. This is a very technical session – lots of XML and code.
- Automating and Simplifying Compliance and Risk Management (June 1st @ 1pm PT). [We’ll post the link as soon as we get it from our TechNet team!] Today, the enormous cost and complexity of compliance and risk is managed through manual labor and disconnected processes within the organization. Customers are working diligently to drive efficiency and increase confidence in meeting their compliance requirements for HIPAA, SOX and over hundreds of other standards and regulations. During this session Clare Henry will demonstrate how Service Manager will automate the process and activities of Compliance and Risk Management across System Center. During the last portion of the session, we will have a panel discussion where you can ask experts more about compliance and Microsoft’s solutions.
- Assessing Your Organization’s Maturity Level to Facilitate Service Manager Deployment Planning (Wednesday June 16th @8am PT). This session will explain how Microsoft can assess the maturity of our customers prior to a Service Manager implementation, which is important for customers to realize significant value from Service Manager. Anders Ravnholt and Lasse Kristensen will present an assessment process that will look at both process, tools and organizational readiness. From the technical point of view, Microsoft will assess the readiness of Operations Manager, Configuration Manager, and Active Directory. From the process point of view we will assess 1) Incident, 2) Problem, 3) Change and 4) Configuration Management. From an organizational point of view, roles and responsibilities will be addressed. Speakers will also discuss remediation for low maturity levels, and how we as Microsoft can address these issues prior to implementation.
If you’re using, deploying or just investigating Service Manager 2010, these TechNet webcasts are a must!
Sacha Dawes, CISSP
Sr. Technical Product Manager
System Center Solutions for Dynamic Datacenters